Electrical Plant Equipment Technician
If you’re a skilled, hard working, Maintenance Person, this is a great opportunity for you to expand your career while helping PakLab remain a leader in innovation for Contract Manufacturing, Co-Packing, and Film Manufacturing. This position is located in Batavia, OH.
- Must be proficient in the use of all hand and electrical/electronic analytical tools. Knowledgeable of plumbing codes and applications, HVAC, Compressed Air/Gas installations and basic machine shop skills.
- Performs maintenance, repair and calibration on electronic equipment, such as control systems of numerically controlled machines, other controlling or recording equipment.
- Must have in depth knowledge of PLC control systems and be proficient in reading and writing ladder logic schematics and proficient at using PLC programs such as R.S. Logic.
- Must be capable of taking relay logic and timer control circuits and convert into a PLC control system.
- Must be capable of documentation of electrical panels and circuits.
- Must have in depth knowledge and understanding of machine control functions and logic.
- Must be proficient in running conduit, pulling wire and connecting 208 V and 480V equipment.
- Must be capable of engineering power runs from electrical panel to the machinery.
- Must possess understanding of pneumatic controls.
- Periodically checks equipment performance to assure conformance to required standards.
- Must be able to fabricate parts from sketches, blueprints, broken or worn parts.
- Must have complete knowledge of all building systems and equipment (including production equipment).
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing production and facilities equipment.
- Must be capable of estimating materials and specification of same for the purpose of initiating a purchase request.
- May be required to assist in the preparation and/or instruction of training sessions.
- Must be able to work with employees of a lower classification as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for following all safety regulations including but not limited to: wearing goggles face shield, proper clothing, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assist with relief for breaks and lunches
- High School diploma
- Three (3) years of advance training or equivalent that may be acquired from five (5) years or more years experience in various trades or in plant training in order to learn the duties and techniques involved and attain performance levels.
- Three (3) up to five (5) or more years of experience in various trades of in plant training in this job for the same period.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Primary environment includes manufacturing equipment. Safety equipment required
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift up to 35 lbs
- Hand/Eye Coordination and Dexterity